The aim of the Minority Cell is to empower the minority communities in the College and assist them in their curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The Cell has been set up to help minority students from the Christian, Muslim, Jain and other communities achieve holistic development.
- To ensure equal opportunities for education of minorities.
- To facilitate financial support to students from these communities from governmental agencies and other sources.
- To make the minority students aware of the various scholarships schemes of the Central and State Governments.
- To encourage these students to enroll for courses, workshops, programs, etc. which the College offers students in an attempt to equip them with the skills needed for their careers.
- To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event on the College campus
- To provide these students with a grievance redressal mechanism in addition to the regular redressal mechanism.
Functions and Activities
- To collect reports and information of Government of Uttarakhand and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of minority students.
- To publicize the various Central and State Government scholarship schemes and any updates in these matters.
- To coordinate with other College Cells and Committees such as the Mentoring Cell, Placement Cell, Students’ Council, Sports Council, Cultural Council, etc. and ensure that students from minority communities participate in their activities.
- To coordinate with Programme Coordinators, Department Heads and the Mentoring Council to identify students from these communities who need special assistance such as remedial classes and bridge courses, as well as those who are advanced learners and could be given extra attention and guidance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF MINORITY CELL
- Ensuring an environment where students from these categories feel safe and secure.
- Making students of these communities aware of the various scholarships programs of the Government of Uttarakhand, Government of India and UGC.
- Motivating and assisting students from these communities to apply for the various scholarships mentioned above.
- Collecting data about students who have received scholarships.
- Collection of reports and information of Government of Uttarakhand, Government of India and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education and employment of these categories of students.
- Carrying out capacity-building programs for these students, as per the need.
- Providing a mechanism to redress the grievance of students from these communities.
- Sending reports to the respective Govt. Departments/Commissions about the number of students enrolled
According to the policy of the government of India, the Institute has resolved that affirmative policies, programs, schemes, and facilities are provided to persons belonging to socially and economically weaker sections of society, including persons with disabilities.
To ensure the implementation of the affirmative policy of the Government of India/UGC and the orders timely issued by suchauthorities for the benefit of SC/ST/OBC community, the Institute formed an SC/ST/OBC cell in accord with UGC letter no. F.1–26/76 (CP/SCT) dated June 27, 1979.
- To integrate and promote the students who belong to SC/ST & OBC communities at par with
the mainstream student body.
- To create a platform where students can point out their problems, regarding academic and
- To monitor the implementation of reservation policy in the institution
- To observe the reservation policy for SCs/STs and OBCs in the institution.
- Committee often meets the students and faculties belonging to SC/ST & OBC communities, to
understand their problems and to assist them in resolving the problems.
- Creating awareness among the SC/ST & OBC students regarding the various Government
and Non-Government scholarship schemes.
- To disseminate and counsel SC/ST & OBC students of the college to utilize the benefits of the
schemes offered by the Government and UG