The aim of the Minority Cell is to empower the minority communities in the College and assist them in their curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The Cell has been set up to help minority students from the Christian, Muslim, Jain and other communities achieve holistic development.
- To ensure equal opportunities for education of minorities.
- To facilitate financial support to students from these communities from governmental agencies and other sources.
- To make the minority students aware of the various scholarships schemes of the Central and State Governments.
- To encourage these students to enroll for courses, workshops, programs, etc. which the College offers students in an attempt to equip them with the skills needed for their careers.
- To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event on the College campus
- To provide these students with a grievance redressal mechanism in addition to the regular redressal mechanism.
Functions and Activities
- To collect reports and information of Government of Uttarakhand and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of minority students.
- To publicize the various Central and State Government scholarship schemes and any updates in these matters.
- To coordinate with other College Cells and Committees such as the Mentoring Cell, Placement Cell, Students’ Council, Sports Council, Cultural Council, etc. and ensure that students from minority communities participate in their activities.
- To coordinate with Programme Coordinators, Department Heads and the Mentoring Council to identify students from these communities who need special assistance such as remedial classes and bridge courses, as well as those who are advanced learners and could be given extra attention and guidance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF MINORITY CELL
- Ensuring an environment where students from these categories feel safe and secure.
- Making students of these communities aware of the various scholarships programs of the Government of Uttarakhand, Government of India and UGC.
- Motivating and assisting students from these communities to apply for the various scholarships mentioned above.
- Collecting data about students who have received scholarships.
- Collection of reports and information of Government of Uttarakhand, Government of India and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education and employment of these categories of students.
- Carrying out capacity-building programs for these students, as per the need.
- Providing a mechanism to redress the grievance of students from these communities.
- Sending reports to the respective Govt. Departments/Commissions about the number of students enrolled
Minority cell Committee:
Minority Students Grievances Form: