Anti Ragging cell
Anti-ragging cell is one of the most important parts of the system of the educational institution. As per the UGC guidelines under the Act of 1956, which has been amended as UGC Rules for Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, setting up of Anti-Ragging Cell is very mandatory. In compliance with this our institution has also established an anti-ragging cell since inception. GPGC College, Bazpur is following ‘Zero-Tolerance policy’ towards ragging. Any student of GPGC College, Bazpur accused and found guilty of ragging, will be severely dealt with, in accordance with the Provisions of the Law.
To build a ragging free environment by instilling the principles of democratic values, tolerance, empathy, compassion and sensitivity to that students become responsible citizens
To create an atmosphere of discipline by passing a clear message that no act of ragging in college premises.
Objectives of Anti Ragging Committee
Anti-Ragging Committee is the supervisory and advisory committee for maintaining a culture of ragging free environment in the college campus. The main objectives of this cell are as follows:
- To sensitize the students about the dehumanizing effect inherent in the menace of ragging.
- To continuously monitor and monitor ragging to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
- To deal promptly and strictly with incidents of ragging that come to administration’s notice.
- To create an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that no act of ragging will be tolerated and no act of ragging will be left unpunished and punished.
As per the order of the Supreme Court of India and subsequent notification of the University Grants Commission (UGC), any intention by any student or group of students, should prohibited one or more behaviour of the following:
- Any act of indiscipline, teasing or behaving with discourtesy.
- Any act that interferes with regular academic activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, psychological injury or fear or apprehension.
- Any act of financial extortion or coercive expenditure.
- Any act of physical abuse causing assault, harm or danger to health.
- Any act of abuse by spoken words, email, SMS or public humiliation etc.
- Any act of infringement or violation of the fundamental right of human dignity.
- Wrongful confinement, abduction, molestation or commission of unnatural offences, use of criminal force, trespass or any act of intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to commit ragging.
Punishment to those found guilty
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
- Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / University Examination
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college
- Cancellation of the admission
- Withholding the results.
Anti ragging Committee: